Customer Privacy Notice
- Chesterfield Bowl, part of Stanhope House Leisure Limited, including its employees need to obtain, process and store information from our customers. We use this information to process your booking and effectively, safely and lawfully manage the customer and company relationship. This includes using the information you provided when booking your lane to manage and process your booking and occasionally contact you with relevant marketing communications. We may also have to use this information to comply with any legal requirements for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes and to report potential crimes.
- Any information we hold will have been previously provided by yourselves, we do not buy data from external sources.
- The information we hold includes your name, telephone number, home or business address, email address, social media user names and information on bowling scores, averages and team names. We will only keep personal data for as long as we need to for the purpose it was obtained for.
- You have the right to view any data held on you and withdraw your consent for its use at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of its use before your consent was withdrawn.
- We will only disclose your information to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so. For example we may have to give information to the police if requested.
- Your personal information is also stored in the Brunswick Cloud through Sync Passport if you sign up to this via the tablets in the centre in order to track your bowling.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to: rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Independent Commissioners Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or the DPA with regards to your personal data.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is stored and used please contact: